Sunday, July 28, 2013

Where's Popokin?

This post is about a quest in Danaria that I completed recently called "The Last Train Home".  This quest is picked up by NPC Muti in the Goldrine Free City area (in Goldrine Village to be exact,  see pic below).  It's the train station at the end of the line from the main city that shuttles you out to the more distant questing area so that you don't have to walk. 
Where to pick up the quest "The Last Train Home"

Shortly after I first picked up this quest I abandoned it.  Why?  My quest roster was full,  I needed to pick up another quest,  and it's one of those quests that doesn't locate the NPC that you need to speak with to get the item that you need for the quest.  In this case,  the quest item is a train ticket.    The thought of searching all over Goldrine City to find a mystery NPC didn't appeal to me,  even though I have advanced stealth and am the best class to do a search like that.   I'm still level 64 and needed XP quick,  so I dropped it.
While I was working on another quest,  " A Touch of Skurv", which can be gotten from NPC Lebos inside the building near NPC Muti,    I found NPC Popokin.
He's in the same area where the abandoned tents are for that quest are (thanks Raxu for pointing her out to me as I ran by :D ) 
I discovered Popokin while working on another quest called "A Touch of Skurv"

And there she is - NPC Popokin
As you can see,  she's a level 64 non pre-emptive 2 dot elite.  She isn't an NPC that talks with you because she has no quest arrow over her head.   It took me 2 tries to kill her,  and I did succeed. 

Killed her on the 2nd try without much HP to spare
Got the ticket


I returned to Muti and completed the quest for 6 mil XP. 



Quest completed
 It's probably a good idea to do this quest with a group.  That'll make it a lot easier.
Thanks for reading and gl :)

2 comments: