Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Oriel Quests: The Nomad Shugo

Out of all the quests in Oriel,  the ones that involve the nomad shugo are the most confusing. Alot of players want to know how to find him and how to complete the quests he gives.  I don't know much about him,  but I'm learning,  and I'll pass on the info as I figure it out.    The first I heard of him was when I looked on my Oriel map and saw quest markers in 8 different places with "nomad shugo"  marked when I moused over each one.   There's a notation of 4 quests for hanging letters and wall hangings.  Trouble is,  he's not always around,  and he only spawns at certain times (I don't know when).  One day I popped a 1 hour running scroill,  determined to visit every spawn point ,  thinking I would definitely catch up with him if I put my mind to it.   I had no luck that day - every campsite spawn point was empty!


Nope hes not here


Or here

Checking my map while searching
 I got to see just about every neighborhood in Oriel tho,  and that was fun.   A day or so after that,  I was in Oriel again and when I looked at my map there were no quest markers for the shugo!  This confirmed something I had read when I searched for info about him,  which is that he only spawns on certain days.  The very next day I was doing my grab bag quest.  I saw the spawn point on my map  - it wasn't very far,  so I headed over and there he was!

Finally  I found the nomad shugos!
 There's actually 2 nomad shugos,  each with 4 quests.  One shugo has quests for hanging letters and the other has quests for decorative statues.  I picked up all four of the hanging letters quests,  and 2 of the statue quests.


Picking up the 4 quests
  What do these quests ask you to do? They ask you to get a form of aether thats only obtainable from Audria Ore,  which is only found in Oriel.  I have yet to search for it,  as I've been busy with quests in Sarpan/Tiamaranta,  but I'll soon be working on completing them,  and I'll post my findings then.  Good luck
in your search for these 2 elusive shugos!

2 comments: