Thursday, September 22, 2016

Aion 5.0 : Luna Shop Part 1

The Luna Shop is a new feature in Aion 5.0.  You can't miss it on your play screen.  It's the bright pink crescent moon icon on the lower right hand side of the screen.   It has 4 areas of activity to access,  as shown in the pic below:



Today's article discusses the first area,  Karunerk's Workshop.   This zone brings something new to Aion:  a daily crafting opportunity with designs that change daily.   There is a required fee for crafting items here,  and it's paid with new in game materials,  which are earned in 2 ways:  through running the instances in the area called Taki's Mission,   and through crafting the daily mystery material box (pic below):



The cost for crafting the first material box is free,  and you get to craft one a day.   There are several different kinds of materials required to craft an item,  and the best way to earn them is through running the instances.  More on Taki's Mission in a later article.  

As you can see from the above pic,  there are different designs every day.   They have varying success rates,  and the designs with lower success rates ask for less materials than the designs with higher success rates.

I recently took a chance on crafting a design with a 50% success rate.  It was the fabulous Eastern Four Seasons Cabinet,  which I always wanted,  but couldn't afford to buy from the store.  I happened to have the materials,  so I gave it a try.   I won! It crafted!  That was a really happy moment for me :)
It gave me the incentive to go to my studio and furnish it again.  Here's a pic:

 
As you can see,  the items you craft from the Luna Shop daily designs are unsellable,  They're only for personal use.  I'm guessing that they could be "wrapped",  which is a way to transfer unsellable and untradeable items in Aion that requires a purchase from the NC store,  but I'm not sure.

Here's how it looks!



Isn't it pretty?  I think so!  Plus it has 3 drawers of storage - neat!

I give the new daily crafting feature in the Luna Shop 5 stars.  It's a fun new addition to the game, that I think is worth giving a try.
Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment