Thursday, September 22, 2011

Aion Turns Two!



A Close Up of the Awsome Cake!
  Aion's release to North America and Europe turned 2 this month and NCsoft is throwing a party in the form of an event.  They call it the "Ascension Festival" and its running from 9/21 - 10/26.  In many ways this event
is like the "Scorching Heat" event from earlier in the summer,  where a token of energy (ascension energy for this event) accumulates in the player's inventory automatically while they're logged in playing the game.  One
energy accumulates every 20 -30 min.  The least expensive gifts are 30 and 50 energies,  and they're   surprise boxes with a possibility of 13 different prizes.  The rest of the prizes require more energies,  100 and upwards,  and consist of outfits and weapon skins,  some of which were previously only obtainable by cash purchase on the website.  This brings me to the difference between the Scorching Heat event and this event.

Me talking to the NPC of the Ascension Anniversary Event
 In Scorching Heat,  all the prizes were surprises - you didn't know what you would get.  In this event you know its gonna be from a preset group of prizes,  or you decide what to buy with your tokens.  I personally liked the element of surprise,  but I think alot of people appreciate the right to decide what to buy with their "energies".  I've only got 10 accumulated so far,  so I"m not sure what I'm gonna buy yet.  I'll post my purchases later in the event. 

No comments:

Post a Comment