Monday, August 29, 2011

A Few Thoughts About Miragent Gear


Me in my old Miragent boots
 Hooray!  I finally got rid of my Miragent boots!  They had no speed boost at all - pathetic for level 50 or higher.  The pic on the left is me wearing the Miragents.   After lvl 46 or so,  most all boots have speed boost.  You might ask why I got them if I knew they didn't have speed boost.  Well,  the Miragent armor is part of an entire set,  which has extra benefits for every piece collected.  The Asmodian equivalent of Miragent is Fenris.  At level 50,  the game offers both
races the opportunity to collect the set through the completion of a chain of quests to obtain both the armor and weapons and the title "Miragent Holy Templar" or "Fenris' Fang".   I thought that I'd quest for the whole set,  and put up with the lack of speed for only a short amount of time,  but I never got that far.  The quest chain after the first 2 pieces (boots and gloves) is incredibly demanding.  The third quest,  which is for the shoulderguards,  asks you to get 40 quest drops off of mobs in Theobomos 30 times!  As if that isn't bad enough,  the mobs don't drop the quest item on each kill,  so that's over 1200 kills the game is asking for,  just for a pair of shoulderguards that you also have to pay a certain amount for in the form of an oath stone,  which costs $4 million.  It just wasn't for me,  so I dropped it,  but I was stuck with the boots for 5 levels, because I was too busy upgrading other pieces of my gear.  It was a real drag being so slow for so long,  especially being an assassin,  which requires as much movement and attack speed as possible.  I used tons of running scrolls.  So what'd I replace them with?  A pair of Deft Leader's lvl 55 boots from the new mentor series armor.  I'm back to running fast again without a scroll!

No comments:

Post a Comment