Saturday, April 21, 2012

3.0 Housing: Daily Furnishing Quest

Now that there's a studio for your toon to live in,  and actual homes available for sale soon,  the Aion player now faces a new expense:  home furnishing.  The game is expensive to begin with,  and home furnishing is no exception.  Fortunately the game starts every player off with a few basic items to furnish their studio with.   There are a few starter item quests that give:  a basic cabinet that has a 9 item storage cube,  a very basic table,  and a couple of other quests that give free hearthblooms and a guestbloom (more on these at another time). 
Today's article is about the ongoing daily quest that's available to all players :  The Vintage Grab Bag.
It's started from one of the basic home decor quests in Oriel or Pernon.  You're asked to speak with a vintage reseller,  who turns out to be a shugo in a distant village.  For Oriel the shugo is in Prosperity Light Village and for Pernon,  its in Glory's Light Village.  Every day you get to "reach into the Grab Bag"
and get an item for free!  There's no guarantees that you'll get something useful however,  as I learned on my first try.  I got a piece of driftwood,  which couldn't be used for home decorating and sold for 100 kinah,  but on my second try I got a polka dotted wallpaper that I didn't already have,  and on my 3rd try I got a plain ruko fiber bed.  I didn't need it so I gave it to someone in my legion who did.  As you can see,  the outcome is totally random,  which is why I think its so much fun!  Its one of my favorite new dailies because its always a surprise,  and sometimes you get something valuable and useful for your home that you don't have to pay for!   

Talking to the Shugo who gives the Vintage Grab Bag quest


Completing the quest
 Happy thrifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment