Monday, September 10, 2012

Tiamaranta Puzzle Quests: Picking Up The Pieces

There's something new in Aion 3.1.  Its something that I've discovered only recently,  in the last month or so.
I was out grinding mobs one day a while back in Tiamaranta.  It was a typical day in Aion,  nothing new,  but when I stooped over to loot a mob I just killed I noticed something unusual.  An item called  "Bead Piece 1"was part of the loot.  It dropped from a Huge Desert Scolopen in the Adora area not too far from the fort.
It looked like a cracked piece of a marble. A week or so later I was in the Calcified Tundra area.  I was grinding Quartzite Hormuses for a quest.  To my surprise one of them dropped "Bead Piece 3".  It also looked like a piece of a marble,  but a different part of one.   All I needed was Bead Piece 2  in order to assemble the marble back to its original form.  I've heard that Bead Piece 2 is a very rare drop,  and after trying for quite awhile to get it,  I  gave up and threw the other pieces out.  I know that was bad (lol),  but I really needed the inventory space!  The other reason I threw them out was because I got these new puzzle pieces while grinding in Avad Village...  Take a look:
Mirror Pieces #1 & #3 in my inventory
It says:  "You can make Cracked Mirror by assembling Mirror Piece 1,  Mirror Piece 2,  Mirror Piece 3".

So far I've made 2 observations about these quests: 
1).  In both puzzle piece quests it seems that piece #2 is the difficult piece to obtain,  and
2).  These quests are only a part of Tiamaranta. 

I've never gotten any drops like these in Sarpan.  At first I wondered if the puzzle piece quests
were a part of both regions but I've concluded that they aren't.  Sarpan has extra quests that
can be picked up while killing mobs,  but they're engravings that can be clicked to start a quest.
Its not the same thing.

I'll keep searching and posting my findings on these mystery pieces.  Until then,  Happy Hunting
in Tiamaranta!

Update 9/21/12:

There's an article on Aion forums that talks about these quests.  Here's the forum page with some info .
These quests are completable,  all the needed pieces can be found and combined to open a quest.
My good friend Raxu found all 3 Bead Pieces and all 3 Mirror Pieces.  



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment