Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Harvest Revel Festival


Me talking to Blair
 Theres a new festival that started yesterday in Aion called the Harvest Revel Festival.  Following on the heels of the Ascension Festival,  it's been a seamless stream of back to back festivals for the last month.  For this
festival,  there are 2 quests:  What Witches Wear,  a 10 time rep quest,  and a second, also a 10x rep quest , that's based on character level.  It's the same for the Asmos,  just with different quest names.  To start the quests,  talk to Blair in Sanctum or Witcha in Pandamonium. 
The first quest asks players to obtain "castings",  pictures of the witches from their younger days.  The game directs players to go to the pvp arena of Sanctum or Pandamonium,  and kill Shulack Sugarcrooks,  naughty
shulacks who stole the castings.  Thats only one way to get the castings ;  they drop from mobs throughout the game,  which is good because I have to say that the idea of putting players in the arena was pretty lame.
The drop rate is bad,  I'm talking like 1 out of 5 if not worse,  and everyone's competing for every single
shulack that spawns!   Accidents happen,  tempers start to flare,  and since this is all going on in the pvp zone,  you can figure out the rest.  I was AOE'd by a glad,  which  startled me,  then later I was rooted by a
ranger,  which really got on my nerves,  so I pounded him out of the arena.  No,  it wasn't brutality,  he was lvl 52.
So,  in my opinion, a thumbs down to NC for that!  I think they should've placed them throughout the land zones of the game,  that would've been better. 
The second quest,  based on char lvl,  took me to Heiron for killing Senior Mage Souls and a lepharist lady,  her name might've been Senior Witch Hunter.  These quests reward with different kinds of bundles,  which contain a big variety of items:  manastones great and small,  event dyes,  event outfits - some perma, some temp,  event drinks,  enchantment stones,  medals and power shards. 
I'm on rep 2 of 10 on the Heiron quest,  and as for the "castings" quest,  I'm gonna just wait for world drops and skip the coliseum.  I'll post some pics soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment